MANGOCHI KI SABZI(Moong dal pakoda curry)
PREP TIME: 5-6 hrs
COOKING TIME: 1- 1.5 hrs
TOTAL TIME: 6-7 hrs.
COURSE: MAIN COURSE
SERVES: 2 persons
1. Moong Dal-1/4 cup
2. Salt – ¼ tsp
INGREDIENTS FOR CURRY:
1. Onion – 1 big or 2 small
2. Garlic – 3-4 cloves
3. Ginger – 1 inch
4. Tomato - 1
5. Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
6. Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
7. Turmeric – ½ tsp
8. Salt – according your taste
HOW TO MAKE MANGOCHI :
1. Soak moong dal for 2 hours. Grind soaked dal with very little water to make a thick but fine paste.
2. Beat the batter with your palm to make it lighter. Now, add asafoetida.
3. Make this batter fluffy. Now add salt.
4. Make a paste using onion, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder.
5. Keep this paste aside.
6. Heat oil in a pan, add a small piece of ball-shaped batter to the oil, like a pakoda.
7. Fry the balls nicely till golden brown. Keep them aside.
8. Reduce the oil in the wok, keeping only 1 tbsp oil.
9. Add 1 tsp zeera. After this add ground masala.
10. Roast the masala until the oil separates from the masala.
11. Now add tomato paste in it. Roast it again.
12. Add a 1½ glass water to the masala in the wok. Let it boil.
13. Add all the pakodas to the masala. Let it boil for some time.
14. Cover the lid for 8-10 minutes.
14. Check whether the magochi/pakodas are soft. If the mangochi/pakodas are soft, your mangochi ki sabzi is ready,
15. Garnish with coriander and serve with chapattis.
1. You have to beat the batter nicely to make it light. Check the consistency of the masala by the drop test (Take some water in a bowl. Put one drop of batter in it. The batter would float when it is perfectly beaten.) You can put ¼ tsp soda to make the batter soft so that you can beat it better.
Always add salt in the end, otherwise batter will never make fluffy.