Lal Mirch ka Koota (Ground Red Chilli Pickle)
PREP TIME: 15
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR LAL MIRCH KA KOOTTA:
1. Fresh red chillies - 250gm
2. Garlic : 3-4 pods
3. Hing- 1 ½ tsp
4. Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
5. Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
6. Saunf – 1 tbsp
7. Methi seeds – 1tbsp
8. Rai – 1 tbsp
9. Kalonji – 1 tsp
10. Zeera – 1 ½ tsp
11. Ajwain – 1 ½ tsp
12. Salt – 1 ½ tbsp
13. Mustard oil -2 tbsp
HOW TO MAKE LAL MIRCH KA KOOTTA:
1. Remove green stems from the chillies. Chop the chillies into big pieces. Put all the chillies in a grinder. Grind the chillies coarsely. Also grind the garlic coarsely. Keep aside.
2. Now heat the tava and lightly roast sauf, methi seeds, rai, zeera separately.
3. Now make a coarse powder of the roasted ingredient one by one. Keep aside
4. Take a big bowl. Put crushed chillies, garlic, hing, turmeric, red chilli powder, kalonji, ajwain, salt and all the ground masala in the bowl. This is the lal mirch ka koota.
5. Heat some oil in a pan.
6. Put the hot oil on the lal mirch ka koota.
7. Forgot to mention. Add 1 ½ tsp vinegar or 2 tsp lemon juice on the kootaa when it cools down.
8. Mix well.
9. Transfer this kootta in a jar.
10. In a day or two, your lal mirch ka kootta will ready to serve.