KHATTI MEETHI KADDU KI SABZI
1. Mustard oil-1tsp
2. Methi seeds / fenugreek – ½ tsp
3. Hing / asafoetida- one pinch
4. Dry whole red chilli - 2
5. Pumpkin / kaddu – 500gm
6. Turmeric -1/2tsp
7. Red chilli powder -1 tsp
8. Salt according to taste
9. Jaggery - 1tbsp
10. Tamarind - 1tbsp
How to make khatta meetha kaddu:
1. Firstly, cut kaddu in small cubes. Keep them in a bowl of water for some time.
2. After 5-10 minutes remove kaddu cubes from water and wash them.
3. Now heat oil in a kadhai. Add methi seeds, asafoetida,
dry red chilli (break into 2-3 pieces). Stir for a second.
4. Now add turmeric and kaddu cubes, stir for a minute.
5. Add salt. Stir.
6. Add red chilli powder, stir.
7. Finally add jaggery.
8. Sauté for 2 minutes until the spices are well mixed.
9. Add ¼ cup water, cover and cook for 10 minutes stirring in between.
10. In between mash the kaddhu a bit.
11. Cover the kadhai with lid. Cook until the kaddu is cooked well.
12. Now add tamarind. Mix well and cook until the pumpkin absorbs all the flavour and cooked well.
13. Now kaddu ki sabzi is ready. You can eat it with roti parantha but this khatta meetha kaddu goes best with poori.