Khade Masale ka Gosht
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Course: Main Course
Serves: 4 persons
Mutton – 500 gm
Onion – 4 to 5 medium size (sliced)
Garlic cloves – 12 to 15 (crushed or grated)
Garlic – 2 inch (crushed or grated)
Coriander seeds - 1/2 tbsp (coarsely ground)
Coriander powder- 1tbsp (in this recipe you need both kind of coriander powder)
Whole red chillies – 5 to 6 (break into small pieces)
Tej patta (bay leaves)- 2 to 3
Big cardamoms – 2 crushed
Green cardamoms – 2 to 3 crushed
Dalchini (cinnamon sticks) – 2 to 3 small pieces
Black pepper - 12 to 14 (crushed)
Cloves - 4to 5
Salt – 1tsp or according to taste.
Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
How to make Khade Masale ka Gosht:
1. Take a pressure cooker. Put it on a flame.
2. Put mutton, onion, garlic, ginger, salt, coriander powder and all the masalas and oil. You would need a little more oil for this recipe.
3. Mix everything nicely.
4. Add ½ glass of water to the mixture. Mix it once again.
5. Keep the pressure cooker open on high flame for 5 minutes. After the mixture reaches boiling point, close the lid off the cooker.
6. Keep the flame high. Wait for two whistles from the cooker.
7. After the second whistle, slow down the gas for 5 minutes. Turn off the gas.
8. Most probably the mutton would be cooked by now.
9. Open the lid after the steam has escaped. Check if the mutton is cooked.
10. Turn on the gas. Keep the cooker on high flame till the water evaporates and the oil separates.
11. Stir the mutton from time to time, otherwise, the onion will get burnt and you will not get a good taste.
12. When the oil separates fully, add ½ to ¾ glass of water so that you get some gravy.
13. Now cover the cooker and let it boil.
14. Add a few drops of kewda essence before serving.
15. Eat it with naan, rumali roti or normal chapati.
If you are a diet conscious person. Don’t try this recipe. Because if you reduce the oil quantity, you will not get the taste of actual recipe.
If you feel it’s not done completely after 2 whistles, don’t worry, it will be cooked by the time you finish stirring it. If it is not done, close the lid and give it a whistle.
You like little spicy mutton you can add a few more chillies.