ROASTED BAINGAN (AUBERGINE/EGGPLANT) RAITA
Updated: Sep 6
Baigan raita is very popular in my family. To make raita, we roast the baigan, which gives a very nice smoky flavour and taste to the raita. Baigan raita gives a very cooling effect to your palette and stomach. This raita goes well with biryani, pulao, or even hot chapatis.
My family loves the smoky taste of this refreshing dish. I hope this recipe looks yummy to you. Feel to try this recipe on the first opportunity.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
SERVES: 4 persons
INGREDIENTS FOR RAITA:
1. Egg plant (baingan)- 1
2. Yogurt/curd -1 to 2 cups
3. Green Chillies – 1 chopped
4. Coriander leaves - 2 tsp
5. Ginger : 1inch chopped
6. Onion: 1 large (chopped)
7. Salt to taste
8. Ghee - 1tbsp
9. Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
HOW TO MAKE BAINGAN KA RAITA:
1. Take eggplant and roast it on a flame till it is cooked on all sides. Keep flipping so that it cooks evenly from all sides.
2. Remove eggplant from the fire and keep it aside for cooling down.
3. Peel off the skin.
4. Cut this roasted brinal and check it properly. some times there are some maggots inside the brinjal.
5. Now chop them into tiny pieces
6. Now take it in a bowl. Add Chopped onion, chillies, ginger, coriander leaves. Mix them well. Keep this aside.
7. keep 1 tbsp chopped onion aside for tadka.
8. Take curd in a bowl and whisk it well.
9. Add this curd to the eggplant. Add salt and mix well.
10. Now take 1 tbsp ghee in a tadka pan. Add chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
11. Add these fried onions to the raita. Sprinkle some red chilli powder on top.
12. Mix them nicely before serving.
13. You can enjoy this yummy raita with many things, like pulav, paranthas etc.