Omelette parantha is a very heathy, quick and complete meal recipe. Healthy because it is made out of whole wheat flour and eggs which have good quality proteins and are easy to make. You can also use left-over chapattis for this recipe. Kids love these paranthas. You can put lots of vegetables, which kids do not want to eat otherwise.
When you don’t want to cook a full meal, you can make omelette paranthas for all meals - breakfast, lunch or dinner.
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
SERVES: One person
INGREDIENTS FOR THE OMELETTE:
1. Egg – 1
2. Chopped Onion – 1 small
3. Chopped tomato – 1 small (optional)
4. Chopped coriander leaves – 1tsp
5. Chopped green chilli -1
6. Chopped ginger -1/2 tsp
7. Salt according to taste
8. Pepper – dash
9. Butter / ghee – 2tsp
INGREDIENTS FOR PARANTHS:
1. Wheat flour: ¾ cup
2. Salt- pinch off
3. Water – as required
4. Ghee/oil- for frying
How to make paranthas:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and kneed into a soft dough using sufficient water.
2. Divide the dough into two equal portions.
3. Roll a portion of the dough in a 6” diameter circle using a little whole-wheat flour for rolling.
4. Make 2 chapattis of the same size.
5. Now half cook both the chappatis and keep aside.
For the egg mixture:
1. Break eggs in a deep bowl and beat well using a whisk.
2. Add all the other ingredient and beat well. Keep aside.
How to make omelette parantha:
1. To make omelette parantha, heat a non-stick tava and grease it using 1 tsp of oil.
2. Place one half pre-cooked chapati on it.
3. Now pour all the egg mixture on it.
4. Spread egg mixture evenly.
5.Place anther chapati on it.
5.Keep the flame low.
6. Now apply some ghee on the chapati.
7. When the egg is slightly cooked from inside, turn over the chapati very carefully.
8. Now apply 1 tsp ghee on this side also.
9. Cook this parantha well until it is cooked nicely.
10. Now place this parantha on a plate and cut it into 4 pieces.
11. Serve it hot with tomato sauce.