MUTTON KEEMA PARATHA
PREP TIME: 15-20minutes
COOKING TIME: 15-20minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30minutes
SERVES: 4 persons
INGREDIENTS FOR KEEMA PARANTHA:
1. Keema – ½ kg
2. Chopped onion – ½ cup
3. Chopped ginger – 1tsp
4. Chopped green chillies- 1tsp
5. Chopped tomatoes – ½ cup
6. Cumin seeds-1tsp
7. Red chilli powder -1tsp
8. Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
9. Coriander powder -1tsp
10.Garam masala -1/4 tsp
11. Wheat flour for dough – 2.5 cups
12.Salt to taste
13.ghee for frying
14.Water as required
15.Chopped coriander -1/2 cup
16.Chopped onion ( for adding raw)-1/2cup
HOW TO MAKE KEEMA PARATHA:
1. Take a pan. Put some oil in the pan and heat. Add cumin seeds (zeera).
2. When the zeera starts crackling add sautéed onion.
3. Also add chopped ginger and green chillies. Sauté.
4. Add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and a little water. Roast the masala.
5. Add chopped tomatoes, salt, and ½ cup water. Mix well.
6. Now add keema to it. Mix everything nicely.
7. Add 1 cup water.
8. Cover the lid. Cook the keema on medium flame for at least 15-20 minutes, or till it is cooked nicely.
10. Once the keema is cooked and the texture is dry, take it out in a bowl. Let it cool.
6. Meanwhile make normal paratha dough. Apply a little oil on the dough. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
7. Once the keema cools down, add chopped coriander leaves and chopped onion. Crunchiness of onions will give a nice taste to parathas.
8. Now, take a large sized dough ball. Either roll it with a rolling pin or spread the ball using your hands. Keep it thick at the centre and thin at the edges.
9. Put a generous amount of keema stuffing inside the dough and close it from the edges so that all the keema is inside the paratha dough.
10. Sprinkle some flour dust on this ball. Roll the dough in to a nice flat bread, like a roti Now put this paratha on a pre-heated tawa.
11. Once it is cooked from one side, flip it to another side. Put some ghee on the cooked side. Repeat it for the other side.
12. Roast the paratha nicely from both sides.Your paratha is now ready to be served.
Serve hot with pyaz ka raita and achar.