MOONG DAL KI KADHI
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 Mins
TOTAL TIME: 50 Mins
SERVES: 4 persons
INGREDIENTS FOR MOONG DAL KADHI:
1. Moong dal - 1 cup
2. Curd – ½ cup
3. Asafoetida (heeng) – ¼ tsp
4. Salt to taste
1. Zeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tsp
2. Methi seeds – ½ tsp
3. Tej patta – 2
4. Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
5. Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
6. Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
7. Dry whole red chilli – 2-3
8. Green chillies – 2 chopped
9. Coriander seeds – 1 tsp (roasted and coarsely crushed)
5. Oil – for frying
6. Salt to taste
7. Chopped coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
8. Curd – 2 tbsp
1. Ghee – 1 tbsp
2. Zeera – 1 tsp
3. Whole dry red chilli-1 – 2
4. Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
HOW TO MAKE MOONG DAL KI KADHI:
1. Soak moong dal overnight.
2. Put soaked dal in blender. Make a paste of the dal.
3. Transfer this paste in a thali or parat. Beat well with your palm until it becomes fluffy. To check that it's fluffy do the drop test.
4. Add salt.
5. Take 2 tbsp of dal paste and keep aside for kadhi.
6. Heat oil for frying in a kadhai. Fry the dal paste in the form of small pakodas.
7. Fry these pakodas light brown. Remove from the oil. keep these pakoras aside.
8. Take a pan. Put curd, moong dal paste and turmeric powder and 2-3 glasses of water in it. Beat the mixture till it becomes a paste.
9. Heat 2 tsp oil in another pan. Add meethi seeds.
10. Add hing, whole dry red chilis.
11.Add tej patta and chopped green chillies.
12. Add crushed coriander, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Add 2-3 tbsp water and roast the masala well.
13. Now add curd and dal mixture in it. keep stirring constantly. Otherwise lump will form in the kadhi.
14. Cook the kadhi on a low to medium flame for 10-15 minutes. Add salt.
15. When the kadhi has a fine consistency, add pakodi to the kadhi and boil it for 5-10 minutes more.
16. If the consistency is thick, add some water to get the proper consistency .
17. Your kadhi is ready. Transfer your kadhi to a serving dish. Spread tadka on top of the kadhi.
18. Garnish with chopped coriander.
19. Serve this with roti or rice.
1. Check the fluffiness of the pakoda paste with the drop test (Step 3).
2. Drop Test: Take water in a bowl. Put one drop of pakoda paste in the water. If the drop comes up immediately, it means that the paste has been beaten properly