Kairi ki Launji
Prep Time: 25 to 30 mins
Cooking Time: 25 to 30 mins
1. Raw mangoes - 500 gm
2. Jaggery (gur) grated - 1 cup
3. Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) - 1/4 tsp
4. Fennel seeds (moti saunf) - 1 tsp
5. Onion seeds (kalonji)- 1/2 tsp
6. Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
7. Salt to taste
8. Mustard oil or any refined oil - 2 tsp
1. Peel the mangoes, cut lengthwise into quarters and remove the kernel.
2. Heat oil in a kadai to smoking point. Then, reduce to medium heat.
3. Add saunf, kalonji, methi dana and sauté till it begins to change colour.
4. Now, add mangoes and salt and stir it for five minutes.
5. Add red chilli powder and stir it well.
5. Add half cup of water.
6. Then add jaggery. Launji syrup should be little thick like tamarind syrup.
7. Bring it to a boil, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for seven to eight minutes.
8. Take it out of the kadai and keep it cooled.
8. Store in sterilized bottles.
Calories: 778 kcal
Carbohydrates: 134.3 gm
Protein: 5 gm
Fat: 24.45 gm