Bharwan Tinda (Stuffed Tinda)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
Ingredients for Bharwan Tinda
A. Ingredients for stuffing masala:
1. Paneer: 150gms
2. Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
3. Ginger: 1 inch(chopped)
4. Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp chopped
5. Fresh green chilli paste: 1 finely chopped
6. Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
7. Salt to taste
B. Ingredients for gravy masala:
1. Onion – 1 big
2. Garlic – 4-5 cloves
3. Ginger- ½ inch
4. Tomato – 1 medium
5. Red chilli powder – ½ to ¾ tsp
6. Turmeric powder – ½ to ¼ tsp
7. Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
C. Other ingredients for Bharwan Tinda:
1. Tinda – 4-5 big sized but tender
2. Oil – 3-4 tsp
3. Garam masala – ¾ tsp
4. Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp chopped for garnishing
5. Normal thread for tying the tindas
Preparation of stuffings for Tinda:
1. Rinse tindas thoroughly. Peel and keep aside.
2. Take one tinda at a time and cut its top. Keep aside.
3. Now scoop out seeds by a scooper. Make a cup-like space in all tindas and keep aside.
Preparation for making masala and stuffing:
1. Grate paneer.
2. Add chopped onions, ginger, coriander leaves, chilli powder and salt to the paneer.
3. Mix all ingredients well. This is the masala which would be stuffed inside the tindas.
4. Take scooped tindas one by one and put the masala inside the tindas.
5. Cover stuffed tindas with the top that you had cut earlier and kept aside.
6. Roll the thread over each stuffed tinda to prevent the stuffing from coming out when you cook the tindas.
7. Now, keep the stuffed tindas aside.
Method of making Bharwan Tinda
1. Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker.
2. Put ½ tsp jeera in it.
3. When the jeera starts crackling, add ground gravy masala.
4. Sauté or bhuno this masala for some time until it separates from the oil in it.
5. Put one or 2 tbsp water in the oil and bhuno again.
6. If you have some paneer stuffing masala left with you, put that masala in the oil.
7. Now add 1 glass of water to this masala. Now place all the tindas straight up i.e. your cap should be on top.
8. Close the lid of the pressure cooker.
9. Give 2 whistles. Turn off the gas.
10. Open the lid after the pressure subsides.
11. Now, carefully remove tindas one by one to a serving bowl. Put all the gravy on the side of the bowl.
12. Garnish with chopped coriander.
13. Serve with roti or parantha.
1. Take care while you cut the top of the tindas.
2. Tender, fresh and small tindas will cook faster and it will take about 2 whistles to cook. If your tinda size is a little bigger give one or 2 whistles more to cook.
3. This recipe tastes best with tender tindas.
4. Instead of oil you can use ghee or half ghee and half oil.
You can also make these stuffed tindas with Keema stuffing. I will soon share the recipe of keema stuffed tinda.